Small streams, commonly called headwater streams, are a critical component to the overall health of a watershed. Headwater streams trap flood water, recharge groundwater, filter pollutants, provide habitat for fish and wildlife, and are responsible for the energy supplies to downstream river segments. CRWC and volunteers have started to collected data on select tributaries to help characterize current conditions and identify stream impairments.
Current Stream Assessments:
- Bear Creek – tributary to Paint Creek
- Gallagher Creek – tributary to Paint Creek
- Trout Creek – tributary to Paint Creek
- East Pond Creek – tributary to North Branch Clinton River
- Sashabaw Creek – tributary to Clinton River main branch