Membership and Operations Associate
Wage: $38,000 - $43,000/year DOE
About the Organization:
The Clinton River Watershed Council’s mission is to protect, enhance, and celebrate the Clinton River, its watershed, and Lake St. Clair. Established in 1972 as a council of local governments, the Clinton River Watershed Council reorganized in 1994 as an IRS 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Key programs include watershed management, education, and stewardship.
Membership and Donor Relations
- Process and acknowledge all CRWC income according to CRWC procedures and industry/IRS standards including, but not limited to: membership dues, charitable gifts, sponsorships, foundation grants, event tickets
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of CRWC’s donor and constituent database (eTapestry) including: development of standards and procedures; maintain working knowledge of donor record-keeping standards and practices and suggest changes to CRWC processes where needed
- Maintain and periodically update letter template files in database
- Maintain security and record standardization protocols
- Support planning and execution of personalized donor/member/sponsor communications and other fund development activities
Communication and Outreach
- In cooperation with Development and Communications Specialist, assist in planning, promoting and the execution of CRWC events
- Assist in updating and maintaining the website
- Assist with maintenance of Constant Contact email account including lists, updating contact information, etc.
- Under direction of Development and Communications Specialist create and send bi-weekly and other emails regarding upcoming events, updates, educational content, CRWC news, etc.
- Maintain volunteer records including current waivers, interests and other activity in eTapestry
- Monthly reconciliation of office credit card bills to submit to accountant
- Order/maintain appropriate office supplies
- Coordinate office-based volunteer needs/projects
- Oversee office management and maintenance tasks including routine human resource record-keeping, operations documents (policies, procedures, etc.) vendor relationships (including phone and other technology), snow removal, cleaning, routine maintenance, etc.
- Assist Executive Director with board management and communications, including meeting scheduling, board packet preparation, etc.
- Assist Executive in managing staff meetings, including distributing agenda, managing notes, follow-up, etc.
- Assist program and field staff with coordinating volunteers, clean-ups, monitoring, outreach events, and other activities.
- Day-to-day office administration, such as answering phones, responding to general email correspondence, mail, greeting guests, etc.
- Two years of experience in office administration
- Two years of experience in database management
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain community relationships
- Familiarity for social media platforms
- Problem-solving abilities
- Strong organization skills
- Must be able to be managed remotely.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all kinds of people (both externally with donors, and internally with team members and other departments)
- Effective phone skills i.e., well spoken, excellent active listening skills
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong technology skills in including donor database or other CRM software experience, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe InDesign, and experience managing office-wide technology needs
- Knowledge and experience with basic accounting functions a plus.
- Experience working with nonprofits
- Interest in working in the environmental arena
- Experience in fund development
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Project work may involve all-weather physical activity, including in-water work, and the use of basic hand and field tools
- Some evening and weekend work required
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Please send resume and cover letter: email@example.com
Membership and Operations Associate 2021.pdf