Adopt-A-Stream: Explore and Protect Our Living Waters
How can you get involved?
- Register for and attend Adopt-A-Stream Training. You can choose to attend the training sessions in the subwatershed in which you live, or the session that best fit your schedule.
- The CRWC will coordinate site selection. Teams of 3-5 individuals are recommended. Youth are welcome to participate, but an adult Team Coordinator must ensure that protocols are followed correctly.
- Decide if you want to be a Team Coordinator or a Team Participant or Program Assistant (Program assistants do not need to complete training sessions). Also, decide if you want to become a certified Bug Identifier.
- Submit a Adopt-A-Stream Volunteer Application and Waiver
- Have fun monitoring! Monitoring takes place the first Saturday in May and October. The process lasts approximately 3 hours, depending on the number of team members present. The CRWC will send reminders to Team Coordinators to help teams prepare for the upcoming monitoring season. Team Coordinators will contact their team members to schedule their monitoring days and times.
If you are interested in becoming an Adopt-A-Stream volunteer, or have questions, contact the CRWC at (248) 601-0606 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.