Join us for River Day 2018!
Saturday, June 9 2018
River Day is designed to encourage appreciation and recreational use of the waterways of the Clinton River and Lake St. Clair, and to celebrate the leadership of local citizens, organizations, and communities whose efforts are critical to protecting and enhancing the overall quality of the Clinton River watershed.
This past June individuals, businesses, community groups, and local governments across the watershed joined forces on River Day to enhance and celebrate the Clinton River and Lake St. Clair. Activities ranged from nature hikes, canoe trips, fishing derbies, and fly fishing lessons to storm drain stenciling, river clean-ups, habitat restoration, and native landscaping.
RIVER DAY TSHIRT DESIGN CONTEST – NOW OPEN!
The Clinton River Watershed Council’s 19th Annual River Day Tshirt Design Contest is designed to promote River Day along with Michigan’s Free Fishing Weekend and Southeast Michigan’s annual Water Week. River Day is Saturday, June 9th and events occur throughout the entire month of June. Events will include, festivals, fishing derbies, fly-tying lessons, clean up events and naturalist-led hikes through parks & trailways.
Entries will be judged on their ability to convey River Day’s goal of celebration and enjoyment of the Clinton River and Lake St. Clair. Judging and selection of the winning design will be completed at our annual meeting April 12, 2018. Winning design will be announced following this event.
Last’s Years Tshirt Design Winner!
See below for more information…
The winning River Day 2018 tshirt design will be used on official River Day shirts, event guide and CRWC website to promote River Day on Saturday, June 9 2018.
This contest is open to anyone within the Clinton River Watershed. The winner of the River Day Tshirt Design Contest will receive a T-Shirt with their logo on it and a one year membership to the watershed council.
The contest rules are as follows:
- Artist must reside within the Clinton River Watershed
- Design must be clear and easy to reproduce at a variety of scales
- Art must be black-and-white, thick line drawing, absolutely no gray tones (see examples above header)
- Size: 5 x 11 inches or smaller
- The year 2018 must be prominent in the design of the logo. Must also include the words River Day
- Electronic submissions (JPEG or TIFF files only) are permissible, but they must meet the above requirements and be 300 dpi resolution or greater. Please email electronic submissions to Abby Lane, CRWC program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 6, 2018
- Hard copy submissions can be hand delivered or sent to CRWC, 1115 W Avon Rd. Rochester Hills, MI 48309 and must arrive by April 6, 2018.