CRWC has had many inquiries from residents of the watershed regarding the recent sinkhole in Fraser, MI – a community within the Clinton River Watershed. We are in communication with the Macomb County Public Works Office to try and get some updates. We too are very concerned about raw sewage being discharged into the Clinton River as anyone should be. We must defer to the authorities at this point as they are dealing with some very critical human health and safety issues. They too are looking for answers to this sinkhole situation. We will continue to stay in communication with the county and the MDEQ to stay informed.
In the meantime Macomb County is urging the following communities to limit their in home water usage: Chesterfield Township, Clinton Township, Harrison Township, Lenox Township, Macomb Township, Shelby Township, Washington Township, City of Fraser, City of Utica and City of Sterling Heights.
In efforts to avoid future discharge into the Clinton river here are some water conservation tips:
- Take showers instead of baths
- Take shorter showers
- Only run washing machine with full loads
- Only run the dishwasher if full
- When washing dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running for rinsing
- When cooking, peel and clean vegetables in a large bowl of water instead of under running water
- Only use the garbage disposal when necessary (composting is a great alternative)
- Turn off the water to brush teeth, shave and soap up in the shower
- Fill the sink to shave
- Put plastic bottles or float booster in your toilet tank