- Every Wednesday 10am-12pm
- 50 weeks a year (no clean up Thanksgiving week and the week between Christmas and New year)
- Each week will be dedicated to a different location within the watershed or along the shoreline of Lake St. Clair.
- Closed-toe shoes are required (unless operating a kayak). Dress for the weather.
- There will be opportunities to kayak parts of the Clinton River and Lake St. Clair and clean up debris while you paddle. Our friends from Simple Adventures and Oakland County Parks will be providing kayaks for us to make our clean up easier.
- Kayaks are always first-come, first-served as we do not take registration for these cleanups. If you see that a cleanup is marked as a kayaking cleanup, feel free to bring your own as well.
- If a cleanup specifically says “BYO kayak” it means that no boats will be provided, but there are opportunities to kayak if you have your own and would like to bring it.
- We always have a continually updated schedule of clean up locations posted on our web site. Make sure to check in with this schedule periodically, as sometimes we need to shuffle locations due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We do our best to announce cancellations 24hrs prior to the event on our website – if unsure, call CRWC office (248)601-0606
- Weekly Clean will be canceled if temperature is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit, if lightning/thundering/heavy rain, or if conditions are deemed unsafe due to weather.
- Kayakying cleanups will be cancelled if forecast predicts 24hours out that there are to be thunderstorms for time of event.
- July 18th, 2018 // 10am-12pm
Lake Sixteen Orion Oaks, Lake Orion**Bring your own kayak, or clean up on land
- July 25th, 2018 // 10am-12pm
Brys Park, St. Clair Shores
- August 1st, 2018 // 10am-12pm
Walter and Mary Burke Park, New Baltimore **including rain garden maintenance
- August 8th, 2018 // 10am-12pm
Shaw Park, 22001 Warner Ave Warren
- August 15th, 2018 // 10am-12pm
Bald Mountain Recreation Area, Trout Lake Boat Launch, entrance off of Lapeer Rd., Lake Orion** Bring your own kayak or clean up on land
- August 22nd, 2018 // 10am-12pm
Depot Park, 375 Depot Rd. Village of Clarkston. **Landscaping + Trash Clean Up
- August 29th, 2018 // 10am-12pm
Crooked lake boat launch, Independence Oaks 9501 Sashabaw Rd. Village of Clarkston**Bring your own kayak or clean up on land
If you’re not sure where a cleanup location is, check the map below or by following this link — http://tinyurl.com/WhereIsWeeklyClean
We do our best to place the pins as accurately as we can to ensure you can find each meeting spot. If you have questions or are interested in scheduling a cleanup, contact Katie Yates (Program Assistant) at Katie@crwc.org or call our office (248) 601-0606