- Every Wednesday 10am-12pm
- The third Wednesday of every month will have an additional evening cleanup from 4-6pm (3-5pm during daylight savings time).
- 50 weeks a year (no clean up Thanksgiving week and the week between Christmas and New year)
- Each week will be dedicated to a different location within the watershed or along the shoreline of Lake St. Clair.
- Closed-toe shoes are required (unless operating a kayak). Dress for the weather.
- There will be opportunities to kayak parts of the Clinton River and Lake St. Clair and clean up debris while you paddle. Our friends from Simple Adventures and Oakland County Parks will be providing kayaks for us to make our clean up easier.
- Kayaks are always first-come, first-served as we do not take registration for these cleanups. If you see that a cleanup is marked as a kayaking cleanup, feel free to bring your own as well.
- If a cleanup specifically says “BYO kayak” it means that no boats will be provided, but there are opportunities to kayak if you have your own and would like to bring it.
- We always have a continually updated schedule of clean up locations posted on our web site. Make sure to check in with this schedule periodically, as sometimes we need to shuffle locations due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We do our best to announce cancellations 24hrs prior to the event on our website – if unsure, call CRWC office (248)601-0606
- Weekly Clean will be canceled if temperature is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit, if lightning/thundering/heavy rain, or if conditions are deemed unsafe due to weather.
- Kayakying cleanups will be cancelled if forecast predicts 24hours out that there are to be thunderstorms for time of event.
*PLEASE NOTE — All afternoon cleanup times have now officially changed to 3-5pm for daylight savings time until April when they return to 4-6pm!*
*PLEASE NOTE — All afternoon cleanup times have now officially changed to 3-5pm for daylight savings time until April when they return back to 4-6pm!*
- April 4, 2018 // 10am-12pm
Jaycee Park, Sterling Heights
- April 11, 2018 // 10am-12pm
Rochester Municipal Park, Rochester
- April 18, 2018 // 10am-12pm
Clinton River Spillway, Harrison Twp.
- April 18, 2018 // 4-6pm
Murphy Park, Pontiac
- April 25, 2018 // 10am-12pm
CRWC Nature Preserve, Rochester
If you’re not sure where a cleanup location is, check the map below or by following this link — http://tinyurl.com/WhereIsWeeklyClean
We do our best to place the pins as accurately as we can to ensure you can find each meeting spot. If you have questions or are interested in scheduling a cleanup, contact Katie Yates (Program Assistant) at Katie@crwc.org or call our office (248) 601-0606