Now is the perfect time to get involved with protecting our freshwater resources with volunteer events, free training and education classes and family-friendly activities throughout the year!
Do you like the outdoors, protecting the environment, and learning? Join CRWC’s Clinton River Quest – a watershed scavenger hunt, and become a River Ranger! This program offers something for everyone; whether you are a new to environmental stewardship, or experienced, the Clinton River Quest promises to be an exciting and fulfilling adventure.
CRWC’s Clinton River Quest program engages people in the watershed using education, involvement and stewardship. This includes teaching Clinton River watershed facts, visiting restoration and green infrastructure sites and activities to get involved!
Guiding you through these experiences, the Quest takes you on a trip of local watershed discovery and offers prizes to top finishers. You can complete everything at your own pace. Once complete, participants become known as a “River Ranger”, and proudly defend our water resources while wearing your cool t-shirt and supporting CRWC! Don’t forget to document your quest along the way!
Tag us in social media posts wearing your t-shirt at CRQ site visits and activities. #ClintonRiverQuest #CRWCRiverRangers
1) SIGN UP –The first fifty people to finish will receive a $15 gift card to Plants for Ecology- a local native plant resource and one of CRWC’s partners, or a double walled steel water bottle.
2) GET YOUR REGISTRATION PACKET – Contains a guidebook and t-shirt. This can be printed at home, mailed, or picked up from the CRWC office (hint- there are a few stops behind the CRWC office if you pick up your packet).
3) BEGIN YOUR QUEST – Follow the guidebook to choose your adventure through the watershed. There are six categories, and a total of 10 activities to be completed. Expect this quest to take some time, likely greater than a weekend. The deadline to complete and have all materials submitted is September 30th. For anyone that is stationary, needs to know about accessibility of locations or uses non-motorized transportation please email email@example.com to find out how this Quest can meet your specific needs.
4) DOCUMENT YOUR PROCESS – Take pictures as you accomplish tasks, wearing your Clinton River Quest T-shirt. Post photos of your quest activities to CRWC’s social media using #ClintonRiverQuest, #PureOaklandWater. This is your “proof” that you visited each site. If you are not a social media user, you may save your pictures and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org upon completion of your quest.
5) WHEN COMPLETE, SUBMIT YOUR SURVEY MONKEY EXIT REVIEW- This allows us to measure the success of the program, and make improvements based upon feedback. It also allows us to verify submissions.We will review submissions by checking the documentation provided, and upon approval if you were one of the first fifty participants to finish, you will receive a finishers prize. Please allow approximately two weeks for processing. Prizes will be mailed out or may be picked up at our office.
Sign up - Register with a small donation and receive your virtual starter pack that includes everything you need to begin plus a t-shirt.
HUNT – Once all the tasks in the scavenger hunt are complete, submit them back to us (instructions found in starter pack) for approval and prizes! All finishers receive fun prizes and recognition from the watershed council.
SHARE – Share your progress along the way on social media, and remember the best picture wins free entry to a CRWC event of their choosing!
SUBMIT – Upon completion, submit your finished scavenger hunt checklist and photos to us.
WIN! – First three finishers receive grand prizes! We know not everyone is a winner, but you will still get some cool stuff for completing the scavenger hunt with CRWC!
THANK YOU TO PURE OAKLAND WATER FOR SPONSORING AND SUPPORTING THE CLINTON RIVER QUEST